Positive Action for Victim Empowerment (PAVE) is an Independence House community program intended to partner you with the Independence House mission:
To help all domestic violence and sexual assault victims, survivors, and their children by creating opportunities to find safety and become empowered through crisis intervention, advocacy, counseling, referral, outreach, prevention, education and inspiring change in our community.
As a PAVER you are creating interaction and awareness within your community; charitable excitement and socialization among your friends and colleagues; potential business growth; and leading the support of a local non-profit organization that provides free and confidential services to residents of all 15 towns on Cape Cod.
PAVE the way for a respectful violence-free community. Your annual commitment as an Independence House PAVER will spotlight you in Independence House news and social media.
Giving never felt so good You are giving to your community by helping those who have been affected by domestic and sexual violence. You might be helping a colleague, a family member, a neighbor or a friend.
BEING A PAVER: A FEW IDEAS
- Food Service Establishments: entrée, cookie, or flavor of the month during awareness months with proceeds donated to Independence House. (February: Teen Dating Violence Awareness; April: Sexual Assault Awareness; October: Domestic Violence Awareness).
- Pubs, Taverns, Bars: A fun night of karaoke… enjoy singing for a cause.
- Companies, organizations: employees wear jeans on Friday for a nominal donation to Independence House on a weekly or quarterly basis.
- Canasta, Bridge, Mah Jongg, or Bowling: Start groups to meet weekly or a one-time event with enrollment fees to support Independence House.
- Poker: A casino night would be a fun event to benefit Independence House.
- Students: dance, carwash, cookout, bake sale, talent show or dunk-tank your teacher event.to support survivors of domestic violence.
- Clubs and Groups: crock-pot cook-off, clambake or BBQ benefit.
- Host a dinner and ask your friends to attend and contribute a tax deductible donation to Independence House.
- Got an idea? You tell us.
SOME INDEPENDENCE HOUSE ROCK STAR PAVERS
- Solstice Day Spa’s Share the Love in February. The award winning Spa staff each donate services from haircuts to massages and their patrons and community members purchase $10 raffle tickets throughout the month at chances to win each of those services or gift prizes. Solstice Day Spa has been holding their “Share the Love” for Independence House event every February since 2011.
- Team Independence House in August. Community members and friends of Independence House, Sandy Faiman-Silva and Mary Brunette, organize a team of runners each year for the Falmouth Road Race with a commitment from each runner to meet a fundraising goal. Sandy and Mary have been holding this team event every year since 2007.
- The Cape Codder Resort and Spa’s ‘Giving Tree” supports the Independence House Holiday Giving Program each December for over a decade during the resort’s Enchanted Village month-long event. Patrons of the Cape Codder and visitors to the Giving Tree present donations of toys and gift cards that are delivered to Independence House for clients during the holiday season.
- The Cape Cod British Car Club holds their annual Freezin’ Fun Run for Independence House each December for over a decade to support the Independence House Holiday Giving Program. Entry fees for the event include donating a gift card, and during the event’s dinner a silent auction is held fo raise cash. Independence House is the receipient of these giftcards and auction proceeds to support teenagers during the holidays who are taking part in Independence House services.
- Clancy’s Restaurant hosts our annual Teddy Bear Breakfast. Clancy’s Restaurant opens for this special event on the first Saturday morning in December and along with their dedicated staff, they provide a bountiful breakfast buffet and waffle making station for the children. Santa Claus arrives during breakfast and delivers new plush teddy bears to all the children who also receive a photo with Santa.
- Cape Cod Healthcare Patient Financial Services holds a ‘wear jeans on Friday’ event each week with staff of the agency donating a small fee to wear jeans each Friday. Their donations are provided to Independence House quarterly.