Positive Action for Victim Empowerment (PAVE) is an Independence House community program intended to partner you with the Independence House mission:
To help all domestic violence and sexual assault victims, survivors, and their children by creating opportunities to find safety and become empowered through crisis intervention, advocacy, counseling, referral, outreach, prevention, education and inspiring change in our community.
As a PAVER you are creating interaction and awareness within your community; charitable excitement and socialization among your friends and colleagues; potential business growth; and leading the support of a local non-profit organization that provides free and confidential services to residents of all 15 towns on Cape Cod.
PAVE the way for a respectful violence-free community. Your annual commitment as an Independence House PAVER will spotlight you in Independence House news and social media.
Giving never felt so good You are giving to your community by helping those who have been affected by domestic and sexual violence. You might be helping a colleague, a family member, a neighbor or a friend.
BEING A PAVER: A FEW IDEAS
- Food Service Establishments: entrée, cookie, or flavor of the month during awareness months (February: Teen Dating Violence Awareness; April: Sexual Assault Awareness; October: Domestic Violence Awareness).
- Pubs, Taverns, Bars: A fun night of karaoke… enjoy singing for a cause.
- Companies, organizations: employees wear jeans on Friday for a nominal donation
- Canasta, Bridge, Mahjongg, or Bowling: Start groups to meet weekly or a one-time event.
- Poker: A casino night would be a fun event
- Students: dance, carwash, cookout, bake sale, talent show or dunk-tank your teacher event.
- Clubs and Groups: crock-pot cook-off, clambake or BBQ benefit.
- Host a dinner and ask your friends to attend and contribute a tax deductible donation to Independence House.
- Got an idea? You tell us.
SOME INDEPENDENCE HOUSE ROCK STAR PAVERS
- Solstice Day Spa’s Share the Love in February. The award winning Spa staff each donate services from haircuts to massages and their patrons and community members purchase $10 raffle tickets throughout the month at chances to win each of those services or gift prizes.
- Team Independence House in August. Community members and friends of Independence House, Sandy Faiman-Silva and Mary Brunette, organize a team of runners each year for the Falmouth Road Race with a commitment from each runner to meet a fundraising goal.
- Charity Softball Tournament in June. Yarmouth Police Officer, Melissa Alden spearheads this softball tournament comprised of teams made up of first responders (fire and police) from towns across Cape Cod. Sponsors, team fees, and nominal community donations for attendance make this event a unique Cape-wide PAVE Fundraiser.
- The Cape Codder Resort and Spa’s ‘Giving Tree” supports the Independence House Holiday Giving Program each December during the resort’s Enchanted Village month-long event.
- The Cape Cod British Car Club holds their annual Freezin’ Fun Run for Independence House each December to support the Independence House Holiday Giving Program.