Independence House Calendar of workshops, fundraisers, training, community outreach and awareness events.
- This event has passed.
The Community Network of Cape Cod Community meets with Cape and Islands Delegation
February 14@9:00 am - 11:00 am
The Community Network of Cape Cod has invited members of the Cape and Islands Delegation to take part in a community conversation on varying issues and concerns facing our local population, with input by the Delegation on what can be done to better advocate for members of our community.
The following Cape Cod Delegation members have confirmed attendance:
- Julian Cyr, State Senator
- Timothy Whelan, State Representative 1st Barnstable District
- William Crocker, State Representative 2nd Barnstable District
- David Viera, State Representative 3rd Barnstable District
- Dylan Fernandes, State Representative Falmouth Precincts 1,2,5,6, Dukes and Nantucket Districts.
Topics will include:
- Violence Prevention
- Mental Health–dual diagnosis–substance use, prevention and treatment
- Suicide Prevention and Crisis Intervention
- Homelessness Prevention
- Thoughts on social impacts on Cape Cod
The Cape Cod Community Media Center is hosting the event and will be videotaped and broadcast on our local access channel 99.
Independence House is a member of the Community Network of Cape Cod, formerly known as the Barnstable County Council on Children, Youth and Families.
The Community Network of Cape Cod is a collaborative forum for people and organizations to learn, share, and develop ideas to enhance the visibility and quality of programs and services for the well-being of children, youth and families: a place where the conversation begins.
Questions about this event can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about events? Contact Donna at: email@example.com or call 508.771.6507 x221