Independence House Calendar of workshops, fundraisers, training, community outreach and awareness events.
- This event has passed.
Let Your Voice Be Heard!
February 1@8:00 am - March 16@9:00 pmFREE
- The song must be original and designed by the performing artists. No covers.
- Songs must be 3 ½ minutes long, or less.
- A video performance of the song must be submitted to YouTube and a link for the song provided with entry and permission forms.
- The language must be appropriate- please no swearing, slurs, or hateful language.
- Entries and permission slips must be submitted by March 16, 2017 to AdamC@indhouse.net.
- The lyrics of the song must be inspired by spreading awareness about teenage dating violence and the following pledge:
Parent/guardian must sign registration and permission forms and submit by March 2nd, 2017 with You Tube video link. Both forms and video link must be received in order to qualify for the contest. Independence House reserves the right to disqualify entries for inappropriate language or content.
- Through the voting page the public will vote for the top 7 contestants between March 9-16.
- Final 7 contestants will be notified on March 17 and scheduled to perform live at the Cape Cod Community Media Center in Dennis Port on March 31st from 6-9PM.
- At the live event on March 31 with Master of Ceremonies, Cat Wilson of Ocean 104.7’s The Cheap Seats, performances will be live-streamed through Cape Cod Community Media Center.
- Winners will be judged by audience and a panel of local celebrity judges from the Cape Cod music scene.
1st place winning entry will be awarded with a professional recording session for their winning song at Seasound Recording Studio. Other prizes awarded for placed entries.
Food, raffles, and fun for everyone! Seating is limited.
Independence House is currently seeking sponsors for this Cape-wide teen event. Sponsors will receive full recognition on all print and web publications and on stage during singular or band performances at the finale event. For sponsorship, contact Donna Giberti at email@example.com or call 508-771-6507 x221.
Questions about events? Contact Donna at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508.771.6507 x221