INDEPENDENCE HOUSE, INC.
Comprehensive Services To Teen Victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Counselor
Part Time 20 hours per week
The teen counselor is responsible for providing a continuum of services to teens who have experienced domestic and sexual violence including teen dating/acquaintance violence.
The Teen Counselor will receive clinical supervision form the Child Witness to Violence Program Coordinator
- Provide weekly group and individual counseling to teens served at Independence House
- Provide intake, referral and advocacy for teens served by Independence House
- Develop and maintain relationships with other service providers for teens
- Plan, develop, and facilitate support groups for teens
- Complete all necessary paperwork for Independence House and VOCA
- Other duties as appropriate
- Accept referrals from other agencies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of domestic and sexual violence s they relate to teens
- Strong group work skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with others via oral and written word
- Strong counseling foundation and understanding of ethical standards
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with other Independence House staff, the public, funding sources and teens
- Knowledge of policy issues regarding domestic and sexual violence
- Conflict resolution skills
- Confidence and abilities to work with diverse clients and staff
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Candidate must have a MSW or equivalent with a minimum of one year experience in trauma, domestic violence and sexual assault. Knowledge of child development, teen issues and effects of domestic and sexual violence. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree and sufficient relevant experience may be considered.
Some flexibility in scheduling is necessary to meet client needs.
Forward cover letter and resume to:
Director of Operations & Personnel
Independence House, Inc.
160 Bassett Lane
Hyannis, MA 02601